See how Shade Systems makes canopy removal easy!
How long does it take to remove and re-install YOUR shade canopy?
If you have a Shade System, it's fast and easy with our unique Turn-N-Slide fastening system.
Compare and see why only Shade Systems make it EASY for you to remove and re-attach your canopy in case of hurricane or other severe weather!
THE SHADE SYSTEMS WAY
- Turn-N-Slide™ easy fastening device has an adjustable hook for accurate tensioning each time.
- Each side of structure has an independent cable that's pre-cut and looped at the factory - no guesswork for you in the field!
- No special tools required for installing or removing your canopy − just a common socket wrench and our supplied vandal-resistant hex key!
- Uses a fixed hook which does not move, cable binds underneath, making adjustment difficult.
- Uses a single length cable for the entire perimeter of the structure − very difficult to adjust evenly.
- Needs "come-along" or other winch-type tools to tension cable.
JUST 2 EASY STEPS!
Use out special vandal-resistant tool to remove access cap.
Turn concealed nut using a standard socket wrench. Attachment hook moves backward, releasing the canopy cables.
Reverse the steps to re-attach -- it's that easy!
THE COMPETITION SAYS THEY HAVE AN "EQUAL"
TO THE TURN-N-SLIDE™
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And we have reason to be very flattered, as numerous "imitations" have appeared since Shade Systems introduced the revolutionary Turn-N-Slide™ over 10 years ago. But buyer beware - It's the details where our competition runs into problems.
Just look at all the ways competing fastening systems fall short:
- Only the Shade Systems Turn-N-Slide™ is time-tested, having been used by countless municipalities nationwide, and through major Florida hurricanes such as Katrina and Wilma. Ask the competitor how long their system has been on the market?
- Only the Shade Systems Turn-N-Slide™ is patented, having been subjected to rigorous engineering and testing before it was introduced to the market in 2003.
- Competing mechanisms feature a slot cut into the top of the structure’s rafter, allowing water and debris to enter the rafter, which can cause corrosion and system failure. This is an inferior design which testing and field experiences have shown does not last! Only the Shade Systems Turn-N-Slide™ features a completely sealed rafter top to keep out water and debris, ensuring your Turn-N-Slide™ will last for the long run.
- The competition’s slot cut into the top of the rafter presents another problem: Instead of the hook being welded to a moving sleeve over the entire rafter as in the Turn-N-Slide™, the competition’s hook necessarily attaches directly to the mechanism inside the rafter, which is too weak to withstand high wind speeds and the tension exerted on the hook by the steel cables – a force which can exceed 1,500 lbs of tension! Our design spreads the load over the strength of the entire rafter, and that is why we can cover the Turn-N-Slide™ with the 10 year warranty below.
- Ask the competitor if their mechanism is on every rafter corner. One competitor features their mechanism on only some rafter corners. Shade Systems designed its Turn-N-Slide™ to be at every rafter corner, and for good reason. Tensioning systems do not work the same way if not on every corner. The cable tends to bind under the corner which does not have the moving hook, making reattachment of the canopy very difficult.
- As the ultimate proof of quality, competing mechanisms do not come with the same 10 year warranty as Shade Systems provides. Check the competitor’s website for any mention of their device and its warranty coverage. If you don’t find it – get suspicious! You can see ours here, and our warranty calls out the Turn-N-Slide™ in writing with a specific 10 year non-prorated coverage.